FAQ

Can you make a sling with HK style clips?

No; I have ordered some and will be making them very soon!
Yes! I've made 3, and sold 2.

What is a sling swivel and how do they work?

A sling swivel is a oval loop of metal with a clip attached so that it can be attached to a sling (permanently) and attached to a gun (removable). Here's a picture of the blackhawk ones I use.



Why are the Uncle Mike's swivels more expensive?

Since I don't like them as much as the Blackhawk product, I don't order them. Since I have to pick them up at my local store, they are more expensive than the Blackhawk ones.


What is paracord?

Paracord has an interesting history that must be told along with a description of its construction. According to Wikipedia, the cord was first used in parachutes in the Second World War. The nylon woven sheath protects the 7 internal strands and altogether it has a test weight of 550 pounds.

How much paracord goes into an average sling?

On the one sling I measured very exact, the paracord section of the sling was 34" and the inner layer took approx. 35 ft. The outer layer took 35 ft. 5 in. That's roughly 2.07 ft to an inch (assuming it has 2 layers).

How long can you make them?

I can make them any length (within reason, or between 1 ft. and 7 ft.) Not many should need them longer or shorter than that!

Can I send in my own sling swivels for you to use?

Definitely! I will knock $6 off the price if you will send in your own, but you will have to pay the shipping to send them to me.

How much does a custom sling cost?

For a standard length (36"), 2 layer (one color each layer), with Blackhawk swivels, I charge $38. Below are price examples for other options.

Any paracord length (1 layer) 4 ft. or less has a base price of $20. Above 4 ft. has a base price of $30.

A second layer adds $10.

Making the second layer 2 colors (reversible) adds $4.

Blackhawk swivels add $8; Uncle Mike's add $11. (I can use swivels you send me for free.) On request, I can send you an Excel spreadsheet with customization options that gives a price at the end. (I'm still working on it.)